We must assess the event in order to identify places where the risk of transmission is introduced.
The virus that causes COVID-19 spreads in several ways, including through droplets when a person coughs or sneezes, or from touching a contaminated surface before touching the face. We considered the following:
Where do people congregate?
People will be asked to remain in their cars and only leave their cars to use the bathroom facilities
There will be volunteers checking the registrations as the cars enter. They will wear non-medical masks. Proof of registration will be large-printed in order for volunteer to view it without contact. Only fifty (50) pre-registered cars will be allowed to enter the area.
The only surface to be touched will be the washroom facilities. We will strongly recommend that theatre-goers use the facilities at home. We will clean and disinfect before and between each screening but the washrooms are not a contactless experience. Hand sanitizers will be available.
Measures to reduce the risk
Maintaining physical distance
- No more than fifty (50) cars will be allowed to enter. Prior touchless registration will be based on their license plates.
- Cars will be directed by volunteers to spots that allow for two (2) metres between each car
- Physical distance tape will be used in front of the bathroom facilities.
- Volunteers and theatre-goers will be asked to maintain a distance of 2 metres (6 feet)
Where physical distance cannot be maintained
- All of our volunteers will be issued non-medical masks understanding the mask’s limitations. As well, as necessary, Plexiglas face protection and gloves will be given to volunteers
Cleaning and hygiene
- There will be two (2) washroom facilities, one of which will be accessible. Each will have hand-washing facilities. Hand sanitizer will also be on-hand.
- We will implement a cleaning protocol for all common areas and surfaces, including washrooms, screen, and projection equipment.
- Anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days must self-isolate at home; and are asked not to attend our event.
- Theatre-goers are asked to remain in their cars unless they have to use the washroom facilities.
Communication plans and training
- All volunteers will be trained on the measures we have put in place and the policies around staying home when sick.
- We will post signage, including occupancy limits and effective handwashing practices. Signage will be posted at the main entrance indicating who is restricted from entering the premises (including unregistered cars, visitors and volunteers with symptoms).