The following steps have been taken to ensure that all local, provincial, and federal health and safety standards are met:
1. All parking spaces are marked and staggered throughout so that all vehicles are a minimum of 6 feet (2 meters) apart.
2. Tickets must be placed in advance on the VIJFF website. Customers will receive a confirmation email and text message on their mobile device (if provided). The confirmation will include a QR code that can be scanned by a trained staff member upon arrival. These measures are to ensure that customers safety, so please do not get out of your vehicle unless you need to use the washroom.
3. Washroom facilities will be clearly marked and limited to single use. There will be clearly identifiable tape on the ground marking a safe waiting distance for anyone waiting to use the facilities. Please wait in your vehicle until there is less than 5 people waiting to use the facility. A staff member will be present near the washroom facilities in case of emergencies.
4. Washroom facilities will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between each movie showing. A staff member will remain present at the facilities at all times to ensure safety guidelines are followed.
5. Regulatory requirements and guidelines are highlighted on the Legacy Drive-In website and all confirmation emails and text messages. Regulatory requirements will also be displayed using signage at the venue. These requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Federal and provincial Covid-19 safety standard guidelines.• Information about CRD Clean Air Bylaw No. 3962 regarding smoking/vaping in public areas, which will be displayed using approved signage (see Exhibit “F”).
- Information about CRD Bylaw No. 3533 to Promote Clean Air by Regulating Motor Vehicle Idling.
- Clear notification that it is a it is a criminal offence to operate a motor vehicle (whether in motion or not) while impaired by alcohol, a drug or a combination of alcohol and a drug, as directed by the Criminal Code of Canada and the Motor Vehicle Act of B.C.
- Confirmation that all of our food and beverage providers operate food facilities that have been approved by the Vancouver Island Health Authority.
- All payments must be made in advance through the vijffwebsite. No payments will be accepted at the venue.
- Snack boxes will be delivered to the customer’s vehicle within the first 30 mins of your selected movie screening.
- Other than for washroom breaks and emergencies, all attendees MUST remain in their vehicles for the duration of the movie screening. A Legacy Drive-In staff member will be present to provide assistance when needed.
Please click the following links to obtain additional information regarding Covid-19:
Provincial Covid-19 Information (British Columbia)
Federal Covid-19 Information (Canada)